The government of the United States is taking various actions to help people who are in below poverty guidelines. One of the actions is to provide free mobile phones to improve literacy in modern communication technologies. It is the different approach that shows diplomacy of US when compare to other countries. Up to this date free cell phones are introduced in 14 countries and it is very new to California. Now, residents can get Free Government Cell Phones in California. Service provider of California is one of the largest companies in US the Reach-out wireless. According to the Federal Government Lifeline, there are more terms and conditions to apply for qualify to get free government cell phones in California.
HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR LIFELINE?
If you qualify to this service, it is possible to get great discount in call rates. Program provides one free cell phone with 250 minutes for 2.50 US dollars, 5.00 US dollars for 500 minutes and 1000 minutes for 20.00 US dollars plans. You need to qualify for at least any one of the following rules and regulations which is designed by Federal Government Lifeline.
- Low Income Home
- Energy Assistance Program
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- National School Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families Program
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids
- Head Start Income Eligible
- Healthy Families Category A
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
- Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
- Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
It is also available for low income families who are having income less than 135-150 percentage of poverty guidelines that are designed by US government. You need to eligible for any one of the above programs to apply for Free Government Cell Phones in California. There are various facilities that can be available in free cell phones.
1) Making Call by using all conventional methods
2) Call Forwarding and Call waiting services
3) Text messaging facility.
4) Voice chat
5) Call barring services