Arizona Free Government Cell Phone Service Guide
Spanish explorers first arrived in Arizona in the 1530s, but the territory didn’t become a state until much later. In 1912, Arizona became the 48th American state. Arizona is probably best known for the Grand Canyon. Nearly 15% of the state is covered by forests, with some of the largest national forests in the United States.
Some of Arizona’s major industries include: manufacturing, tourism, mining, and agriculture. More than 13% of Arizonians have low income, and many are faced with the tough decision on how they can pay their monthly bills.
However, the Lifeline government benefit program can help Arizona residents with their cell phone bill. Lifeline provides qualified Americans free government cell phone service. This program helps qualified Arizona residents to stay connected to their world.
What is Lifeline Arizona Free Government Cell Phone Service?
The Lifeline program is a government program that provides eligible Americans free cell phone service. It is a monthly benefit available to all eligible Arizona residents.
Lifeline began in the 1980s by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the government in order to help low income Americans to stay connected. Lifeline originally only offered discounted or free landline communications services. In the 2000s, Lifeline was updated by the FCC and the government to include wireless cell phone services.
Free government cell phone service for Arizona residents is distributed only by approved providers of Lifeline. In order to receive free cell phone service, Arizonians must sign up with an approved Lifeline service provider. If their signup is approved, they will receive free cell phone service via their chosen provider.
Why Arizona Residents Should Get Free Cell Phone Service
Lifeline is a popular government program that is available for all eligible people living in America. Millions of Americans already have free cell phone service. Lifeline helps low income people to stay connected to family, friends, work, and medical services.
Having cell phone service allows Arizonians the ability to look for employment opportunities on their own cell phone, and to use in case of 911 emergencies. Being able to stay connected is very important to all Arizona residents.
Lifeline Cell Phone Service Eligibility Requirements in Arizona
If you live in Arizona and currently participate in a government program, or you have low income, then you may be eligible for free government cell phone service.
You may be eligible for free cell phone service if you already participate in a government program such as Medicaid and Food Stamps (see below for most other programs). Specific government assistant programs may vary by state, but these are the most popular government programs that will also qualify you for Lifeline free cell phone service:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps)
- Supplemental Security income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8 voucher)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Most other government assistance programs (varies by state)
You may also qualify for free government cell phone service in Arizona if you have low income. Usually, if your total household income is at or below your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines (varies by state), then you may also qualify for Lifeline. See Arizona’s Federal Poverty Guidelines here.
How to Apply for Free Government Cell Phone Service in Arizona
The first thing you should do when applying for free government cell phone service in Arizona, is to select your Lifeline service provider. We recommend you do some research before deciding which Lifeline provider you want to sign up with.
Again, take the time to select the right Lifeline provider for you. Lifeline providers typically offer different cell phone service plans, so take the time to research your provider before applying.
Free Cell Phone Providers in Arizona
Below are the three most popular Lifeline free cell phone service providers in Arizona. While each provider below offers their own plans with minutes and data, all of these providers are reliable.
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
Once you have chosen your Lifeline service provider, you can sign up immediately. The fastest and easiest way to apply is online through your chosen provider’s website. You can also apply by filling out a paper application.
The online application is different for every Lifeline free service provider, but the process usually involves the steps below:
- Enter personal information, such as your name and address.
- Enter information that proves your identity (usually your SSN).
- Select the government assistant program you currently participate in. If you do not currently participate in a government program, the application will then let you apply with low income.
- Select the Lifeline service plan you want from the provider. Most providers offer more than one type of Lifeline service plan for you to choose from. If there is only one option, this step may not show up in the online application.
- Submit proof document(s) that show you either participate in a government assistance program, or you have low income. Your Lifeline provider will help with providing the proof documentation. If you need help submitting documents, you should contact your Lifeline provider.
Sign Up for Free Cell Phone Service
Do you qualify for free cell phone service? You can claim your free government cell phone service in just minutes. Simply click below to apply online for Lifeline!