Colorado Free Government Cell Phone Service Guide
Colorado is a popular tourist destination for many who loves the outdoors. The state is known for its natural beauty, with mountains, rivers, deserts, and much more. Colorado has four national parks, including the Rocky Mountain National Park.
The major industries in Colorado include: agriculture, tourism, manufacturing, and mining. Despite having a lot of tourists and industries, over 9% of its residents struggle financially and have low income.
Many Colorado residents who have low income may have to decide which bills they can pay every month. However, the Lifeline government benefit program can help Colorado residents with their cell phone bill.
The Lifeline program provides qualified Americans with free government cell phone service. Lifeline allows eligible Colorado residents to stay connected to their world.
What is Lifeline Colorado Free Government Cell Phone Service?
The Lifeline benefit program is a government program that provides eligible people in America with free cell phone service. It is a monthly benefit available to all eligible Colorado residents.
Lifeline in the 1980s by the Federal Communications Commission and the federal government to help low income Americans stay connected to their world. The program originally only offered discounted or free landline communications services. In the 2000s, Lifeline was updated by the government to include wireless cell phone services.
Free government cell phone service for Colorado residents is distributed only by approved Lifeline providers. In order to receive free government cell phone service, Colorado residents must sign up with a Lifeline provider. If their application is approved, they will receive free government cell phone service via their chosen provider.
Why Colorado Residents Should Get Free Cell Phone Service
Lifeline is a successful government benefit program that is available for all eligible Americans who apply. Millions of Americans currently have free government cell phone service. Lifeline helps low income people to stay connected to family, friends, work, and medical services.
Having cell phone service also allows Colorado residents the ability to look for employment opportunities on their own cell phone, and to use in case of 911 emergencies. Being able to stay connected is very important to all Colorado residents.
Lifeline Cell Phone Service Eligibility Requirements in Colorado
If you live in Colorado and currently participate in a government program, or you have low income, then you should be eligible for free cell phone service.
You may be eligible for free cell phone service if you already participate in a government assistant program such as Medicaid and Food Stamps (see below for most other programs). Government programs vary by state, but these are the most popular government assistance programs that will also qualify you for free cell phone service:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, or food stamps)
- Supplemental Security income (SSI)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8 voucher)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program only)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Most other government assistance programs (varies by state)
You may also be eligible for free government cell phone service in Colorado if you have low income. If your total yearly household income is at or below your state’s Federal Poverty Guidelines (varies by state), then you may qualify for Lifeline. See Colorado’s Federal Poverty Guidelines here.
How to Apply for Free Government Cell Phone Service in Colorado
The first step you should do when applying for free government cell phone service in Colorado, is to choose your Lifeline provider. We recommend you research before deciding which Lifeline provider you want to apply with.
Take the time to select the right Lifeline service provider for you and your household. Lifeline providers typically offer different service plans, so take the time to research your available providers before applying.
Free Cell Phone Providers in Colorado
Below are the three most popular Lifeline free government cell phone service providers in Colorado. While each provider offers their own plans with minutes and data, all of the below providers are reliable and offer consistent cell phone service.
- Q Link Wireless
- Safelink Wireless
- Assurance Wireless
Once you have chosen your Lifeline provider, you can sign up for service right away. The fastest and easiest way to apply is online through your chosen provider’s website. You can also apply by filling out a paper application.
The online application is different for every Lifeline service provider, but the process usually involves the steps below:
- Enter personal information, such as your name and address.
- Enter information that proves your identity (usually your SSN).
- Select the government assistant program you currently participate in. If you do not currently participate in a government program, the application will then let you apply with low income.
- Select the Lifeline service plan you want from the provider. Most providers offer more than one type of Lifeline service plan for you to choose from. If there is only one option, this step may not show up in the online application.
- Submit proof document(s) that show you either participate in a government assistance program, or you have low income. Your Lifeline provider will help with providing the proof documentation. If you need help submitting documents, you should contact your Lifeline provider.
Once your application is approved, your Lifeline service provider will set up your free cell phone service!
Sign Up for Free Cell Phone Service
Do you qualify for free cell phone service? You can claim your free government cell phone service in just minutes. Simply click below to apply online for Lifeline!