So there’s this guy named Elisha Gray. Ever heard of him? Probably not. He was the guy who arguably invented the telephone. Wait… What? You heard right. So why does Alexander Graham Bell (what an appropriate name by the way, right?) get all the glory? It’s because Bell beat Gray to the patent office. I guess no one called Gray to warn him… Don’t be like Elisha Gray; don’t be without a phone.
The US government has introduced a different approach to solve the problem that they provide cell phones free to financially backward people thereby increasing literacy levels of using wireless cell phones. This service is introduced by Government lifeline program that having various features like reduced call rates and special attributes in free cell phone. Now people can apply Free Government Cell Phones in Texas. You don’t even have to race to the Patent office.
The service is providing one free cell phone with reduced call rates. You can use 250 minutes for only $2.5o and 500 minutes for $5. Note that call services include only for local communications not for international. It includes some instructions and qualifications to eligible to get free cell phones and enjoy less call rates. You should eligible for any one of the following programs provided by Government lifeline.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance program)
- Children’s Health Insurance Plan.
- Federal Public Housing (Section 8)
- Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Health Benefits Coverage under Child Health Plan (CHIP) under Chapter 62
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program Only)
In the great state of Texas, if your income is under the poverty guidelines of US government by the rate of 135%, you also have the eligibility to apply for Free Government Cell Phones in Texas. There are various facilities also available through this mobile phone apart from reduced call rates. It is having various call services like Call-barring, Call-waiting, Call-forwarding and Voicemail.
Bell and Graham would be proud.