There are many ways to qualify for this program. Currently, if you are receiving or qualify to receive any or all of the following, you qualify to receive a free cell phone which can be used for keeping in touch with friends, family, and potential employers.
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Public Housing Assistance
- Section 8 Housing
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Home Energy Assistance Programs
- National Free School Lunch
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program Only)
- Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Total household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
Additionally, if you are currently at or below 135% of the national poverty guidelines, you qualify for a free government cell phone.