The New Mexico government has introduced a lifeline assistance program which offers free government cell phones in New Mexico. In order to qualify, you must be a citizen of New Mexico and your household income be less or equal to the 135% of federal policies of state or the person is eligible if the person was already resident of the state. Other requirements be that you be receiving government assistance by at least one of the following government programs:
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Food Stamps
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program Only)
- Total household income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
The Free Government cell phones given by New Mexico will include up to 250 free minutes so that you can keep in contact with family and potential employers. This program is an absolute free service without any security deposit or any contracts.
This Free Government cell phones in New Mexico can be from different sources either by online or offline by simple registration process which includes a valid U.S shipping address. These free government cell phones are available from three major companies: Reachout wireless, Safelink wireless, Assurance wireless and are also very much available in several other Lifeline service cell phone companies as well.