They know that they need cell phones but are unable to buy one because of the increasing prices of both service plans and the phone themselves. Having only one cell phone to a family is a very difficult and stressful undertaking.
Citizens of Washington State need not worry because Free Government Cell Phones in Washington are now available to low income residents. In order to qualify, you must be receiving government aid such as:
- DSHS Chore Services
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- State Family Assistance (SFA)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medical Assistance (including Medicare cost-sharing programs)
- Community Options Program Entry System (COPES)
- General Assistance (GA-U, GA-X)
- National School Lunch Program (Free Lunch Program Only)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- You must also be rated at 150% of the poverty level to qualify.